Jessica wanted to join MySpace.com like most of her other friends so I joined too and we both created profiles. I’m learning how it works, mostly from Jessica, doing it myself and reading the FAQs and help.
My thoughts so far have been:
– It’s a big time waster
– I can see what Jessica likes about it 🙂 she’s a very social person
– I like it that Jess’ profile can stay private and she can just interact with her friends – so far she’s only added the people she knows and a few bands/singers. At the moment she’s happy with these restrictions.
– It certainly has the potential to be misused by young people and adults
– I like the different safety tips for kids and parents
– Parts of the site don’t work in Ubuntu and Firefox
So far it’s been a positive experience and I pray it continues to be.