10 Minute Microwave Risotto
This is a delicious risotto style dish that is quick and easy to prepare. It’s an easy dinner and very economical. Not for the risotto purists!
* 450g rice (long or short grain)
* 200ml chicken stock
* 50g sharp cheddar cheese, grated
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
1. Place the rice and chicken stock in a large bowl and microwave for long enough to make the rice cooked to your taste – about 5 minutes.
2. When cooked, mix in the cheese and parsley and serve piping hot.
I’ve put some diced bacon with this but it can also be a vegetarian dish using vege stock instead of chicken.
Tonight I’m having this risotto with a grilled steak and some salad!